A closer look.
I am A Mixed Black Girl
But DNA is not what I'm referring to.
I'm well rounded, so there's not a box you can fit me in
Imagine this, she fits the mold of a million things
And yet much more different than what you're imagining
I drink tea, I pray, and I meditate
Enjoys Hennessy on late nights with him
I can hold my own in a meeting with the higher up's
And when Cash Money takes over...well, you know the rest
Intuition keeps me guided on these rocky roads
But sometimes I test my luck because, YOLO
I'll go from Rapunzel, to Badu, depending how I'm feeling
Introverted, but I'm loud when I'm with my friends
I read books and I'm a lover of all the arts
Including Travis Scott, Ty Dolla Sign , and Kendrick Lamar
I repeat there's not a box you can fit me in
I'm a mother, a sister, and a best friend
And many more things that require different versions of me
So when I say I'm a Mixed Black Girl
I'm not talking white, or Indian
I'm a Black Girl with many shades of her very Being.



Comments
Post a Comment